It is very easy.
1. Place enough clothes for a normal load into the washing machine and place the magnet units on opposite sides of the machine.
2. Before turning on the machine, you can manually bypass the rinse cycle . (You may need to contact your machine's manufacturer for instructions). Since there are no chemicals used in the process, you have no chemicals to rinse out. This can save up to 40 gallons of water, electricity, heat and sewage needed to run the rinse cycle.
3. You may choose to use additives along with the system, although this is not necessary. This includes bleach, liquid/ sheet fabric softeners, pre-treated stain removers, detergent. You can certainly reduce the amount of chemicals used while achieving the same cleaning performance.
4. Set the washing machine to your regular setting and start the machine.
*It is recommended to set the temperature to hot, but you may use any temperature you wish.
5. The unit may remain in the washing machine throughout all cycles.
6. When the final cycle is completed, the units will most likely be attracted to one another. This is completely normal. As long as the magnets are in closely proximity to the water, they will perform their maximum effectiveness.