Healthy, natural alternatives to whiten and remove tough stains
- Oxygen bleach (Eg. Oxiclean®)
- Apply 3% hydrogen peroxide to the stain, followed with white vinegar solution or vice versa. (Note: please do not mix the two ingredients together in the same container. Some studies indicate that it may release harmful by-product).
- Baking soda - 1/2 cup of baking soda. Baking soda can help whiten and deodorize.
- Borax, also known as sodium borate, a natural mineral compound. Mix 1/4 cup borax with 2 cups water.
- Enzymatic Stain Remover Concentrate® - an 8 oz bottle makes 1 gallon of regular strength stain remover.
Healthy, natural alternatives to control germs
- The hydrogen peroxide recipe stated above also works for killing germs. It can also be used to disinfect hard surfaces.