If your remote is working fine and the base of your diffuser lights up, then it is not an electrical issue.
If it is also not leaking, it is possible that the problem is within the top half of the diffuser. There could be 2 reasons:
1. Have you been cleaning the diffuser properly and regularly?
If not cleaned, the oil will eventually become stuck in the tube and no smoke will be diffusing out.
- Refer to product manual for cleaning instructions.
- Diffuser must be cleaned after every 50 hours of use or at least once per month.
- Remember to use 75% rubbing alcohol and fill to 2nd line from the bottom. Diffuse for 10 minutes.
2. If cleansing with alcohol has not worked, it is likely that the tube inside the diffuser (called an Atomizer) needs to be changed.
In the box of the diffuser that it arrived in, there are extra parts intended for cases such as this. The box should include some extra white silicone rings and the Atomizer pictured below. Just simply detach the old Atomizer from the unit and replace with the new one.
*Please make sure that the Atomizer is installed firmly in the unit as the diffuser needs a high pressure to conduct smoke.*